food for thought: my hopes for 2013

" my soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory; the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. Selah " - Psalm 62: 5-8

last year asked my cousin for a piece of scripture that showed the amazingness of God that would inspire anyone. Now I didn't have myself in mind as part of this group of lucky recipients that would be mind blown inspired by this. And Psalm 62: 5-8 is what he gave me of when David was worshiping God. When I got this piece of scripture I was so inspired by it because this is how I feel and am praying for grace to be sustained. Basically this is what has inspired my 2013 for myself and hopefully will be for you. Plus I'm praying for a more loving heart towards those that are hard to love, it's seems tough to love the "unlovable" but nothing is impossible with my God.

so why am I asking for more love... isn't being nice enough? Well no, not to me, not anymore. 'Cause Jesus Christ loved me and still loves me more than enough. Truly loving to me now means loving selflessly, and with that I struggle because for 20 years I've been told I'm the most important person and everyone can get my leftovers of love. By worldly standards I might be seen as a caring person but when I look at how Jesus Christ was selfless for my sake then I'm like "me? caring? have you heard about Jesus Christ?" Point! If you read 1 John (the whole book, now chill... it's only 5 chapters in there and there not even long). What stands out for me from 1 John was the fact that having the love that comes from God makes life easier... because if you love God you'll love your neighbors and if you love your neighbors can you really break the commandments? Commandments which when broken show that there is no love.

If you love God you will love his commands and if you love Him you will share His love with others not only verbally but in action. 'Cause it says in the Bible that what's the point of you having a lot of clothes and seeing someone in need of clothing and telling them "God bless you" and you leave them there like that. If they know you have clothes to spare can they say you showed love and can you yourself if in those shoes say the same?

Thank you my One Curator.

14 comments:

'Lara said...

Happy new year and thanks for stopping by my blog.

Nesrin Bozlak said...

Wow, beautiful text. I really like your blog. Looks very clean and natural!

xx

WWW.STYLEOFPURITY.COM

K. Cruz said...

This is beautiful, and definitely a great message to share for the new year. Hope you have a great weekend :)

NikkiSho said...

Happy New Year! :)

Janae Holmes said...

Love this! Perfect words for the New Year! Beautiful blog!

Jana'e

Life & Stuff said...

Good news for the new year...thanks!

Maleeka said...

God moves! He is speaking about love for others everywhere I turn. Let's rekindle our love by looking to our first true love and lover of our souls. God bless you sis!

Perfectly Imperfekt Me, aka Maya D. said...

Wow! Thank you for sharing, this is so true. I never really thought about it like this. I need to work on pleasing god, and doing things better.
Thank you for stopping by my blog, I appreciate your comment. Now following you.

Blessings!
Maya D
www.perfectlyimperfektme

Dara said...

Thank you for sharing this! I'll be holding on to this verse in 2013.

Have a lovely day :)

Love,
Dara | www.lovedarbie.com

Anonymous said...

That jacket is to die fooooor. <3
Misertlife.blogspot.com

Kate Lees said...

Lovely jacket, gorgeous x

Geraldine Chua said...

One of my favourite verses. & asking for more love? I am inspired.

ps you also have impeccable style ;)

x Gi
alibimag.blogspot.com

Carol C said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. You have a lovely blog, nice to see some christian quotes for a change on a blog! Happy new year xx

Carol x
http://fashion-bells.blogspot.co.uk

samecookiesdifferent said...

The greyish jacket is amazing
<3

x the cookies
samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

please check back if you asked any questions for the answer. or anything that might require a response. Sometimes I might respond on your blog but for the sake of others knowing as well.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...