food for thought: the Christmas I know

It's been kind of wild in my area. Since the 23rd all I've been hearing are fireworks even as I'm typing this they're still going on. And it's 10 in the morning! Clearly people do find joy in this Christmas period but it got me thinking and this question found itself in my prayers.

Are we all on the same page?

Now I'm hyped and amazed at the story of Jesus. He's my focus this Christmas cause I finally understand what Christmas is about. Now we all know, or most of us know that Christ wasn't born today and Christmas means Christ's mass (a mass held in honor of Christ). But it was because of the Romans who had two festivals on the 25th for the "unconquered sun" and "sun of righteousness" and the church decided to introduce it then too, as Emperor Constantine declared it the favored religion. So for the Romans it was basically a symbol of the day when they accepted Christ and his love.

So what does it mean to me?

Well to me it's a time to bask in his love, a symbol like the Romans of his love. Because when you come to Christ what we experience is love that is surreal, unlike anything you'll ever know. So this time is to see the love that is found in the realization of God's sacrifice for our sake. I know Christ came for all men but I hope if you read this that you might read this by referring to the story in a sense of "me". I'm so joyful that a God that is all powerful first of all loved us enough to give us free will, a chance to chose Him over everything, as a person would you do that? And even if you did, what if what you made rejected you and your love, and didn't stop their but insulted you as well. I don't know about you but before knowing Christ I know I would take that with grace or take it at all. God has the power to wipe out man but He loves us so much that He decided not to change us (like robots) but He chose to show His love by giving us a second chance. This time is a joyful period where I'm so joyful just for the fact that He came, cause that changed everything for me. It's crazy (cause God is all knowing) that when Christ was on the cross I was on His mind, that while He was on the cross you were on His mind as well.

Merry Christmas & Thank you, my one Curator.

10 comments:

'Lara said...

Merry Christmas

Milex said...

pretty cool!

Fifth N Sixth Closet said...

This is a great food for thought..Happy holidays, hope you had a great time!

Unknown said...

@Everyone: I had a great holiday, hope yours was as blessed as mine.

kita said...

Great post. I think people know what Christmas is about they just get caught up into the hype of it all.

FunTó said...

I actually didn't know the roman thing. I might've heard about it but didn't pay attention. Thanls for sharing!

Tell the World

Unknown said...

True, although over here in Zambia people have lost the idea behind it so that's where my concern kicks in. And a bit of history cause a lot of the history of Christmas I never knew.

Unknown said...

Hope it helped, recently learnt that and a lot of other things too on Christmas. :)

Carla said...

Interesting post. I was aware that Christmas wasn't "Christ's birthday" but I was unaware of the actual history in regards to how the celebration actually came about. Thanks for sharing!

cobainbride said...

really powerful xx

Post a Comment

please check back if you asked any questions for the answer. or anything that might require a response. Sometimes I might respond on your blog but for the sake of others knowing as well.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...