food for thought: and just me lately


and lately have been trying to figure things out in terms of what I'm doing in the near future, which relate to fashion. Before I officially come out with a collection I'm uncertain but by God's grace it might be a year or even less... read on


FOOD FOR THOUGHT:
Today I was on a blog and a comment was made about the whole "lol" and that Christians shouldn't use it. Now this has nothing to do with whether I use it or if I'm offended but I want to shed some light. Now based on the Bible my best understanding of this issue falls in the hands of motives. What are you're motives, when you say or do something (in other words what do you hope to gain?)

Now if I use "lol" is my intention to "laugh out laugh" (or the vagueness it has gotten over the years) or is it to worship the devil as people claim it is. In the Bible it talks about a sincere heart, and that is what God looks for. If you help someone with a sincere heart then God sees that as a good deed but if you helped someone for praise from people and because of the ever-present pride God does not see that as a deed but as an insult and detests it. Now I'm not saying go do some crazy stuff and when caught just say "my motives where innocent". I'm just explaining that things hold their power by their motives.

Also remember on the human mind, that sin begins in the mind by thoughts, then to speech and then to action. So feed your soul with the things of God, meditate on scripture and pray (talk to Him). And I must testify to this but fellowship with other people who believe in Christ so they can help stay accountable or help you in your walk has been great for me.

13 comments:

Margaret Olaniran said...

Speak it sister :) Love your blog and the context in this post. From your new subbie, you can as well follow me at http://maggiepegg.blogspot.se. Have a wonderful weekend. Merry xmas, Loves.

lydeeloo said...

what a beautiful blog with an interesting message. im glad i came across you, you're a breath of fresh air :) xoxo

Becqui Nicholas said...

You're so correct at,it is one's motive of doing a thing that matters.. God looks at our hearts..

Nice post and thanks for stopping by,at my blog.. Merry christmas

I'm Just Me said...

very inspirational message!!
thnx for stopping by =)
http://imjustmefashionblog.blogspot.com

Ada Denco said...

nice one dear
www.somewhereinmoscow.blogspot.com

Bria OC said...

This was really food for thought thank you for shedding your light. Love your blog, I'm officially following.

Aux Caprices de Flore said...

love your blog and its message
God is good!!!


www.auxcapricesdeflore.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

@Everyone: Thank you for taking the time to read it and passing by :)

Emmanuella said...

I couldn't agree more! People have been sending me messages telling things like don't use it anymore here's what it means. I was like wow you guys are crazy! When I use the LOL I really mean Laughing Out Loud and nothing else so stop bothering me and they were complaining I think they need to read your post you said it all!
Love your cardi hun btw the outfit looks super cozy.

Corner Curl Girl said...

You are absolutely gorgeous, dear! I will follow you on GFC! :)

Fashion Pad said...

I have never been made aware of 'lol' and the relationship with Christinanity!!! I'm going to have to do some research on this subject ASAP.

Super cute look and I LOVE your hair woman!

Dee Dee said...

love your blog! thanks for the comment you left on mine. xoxo

Carla said...

This is my first time ever hearing about an explanation as to why I shouldn't use LOL. I really only use the term when I laugh out loud.. or giggle, or smile.

Btw, you look chic and comfy. I love it!

Post a Comment

please check back if you asked any questions for the answer. or anything that might require a response. Sometimes I might respond on your blog but for the sake of others knowing as well.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...